Friday, May 13, 2011

Catharsis by Ghibli

Needless to say, the internet hiatus didn't work.

I was way too stressed out to stay away from the internet.

I have now reached the conclusion that especially during finals, internet access should be permitted. Otherwise, I become a compressed gas chamber waiting to burst.

Yesterday could have been absolutely dreadful had I not made the decision to just let everything go and watch a movie. I watched Howl's Moving Castle again, but this time in English, which was amusing to say the least. I don't know who thought it would be a brilliant idea to have Christian Bale go Batman on Howl but it certainly wouldn't have happened if I had been in the executive chair.

However, I felt so much better after watching the film a few times on loop and meanwhile drawing this as a stress-reliever. I realized that drawing happy faces releases my sadness. It worked before, too, when I was drawing that One Piece illustration. I think this is my own way of creating value out of obstacles. The Howl group pic took about 7 hours, but it didn't feel laborious at all! I enjoyed every brush stroke! c:

Markl, Sophie, Howl, and Calcifer (c) Hayao Miyazaki & Studio Ghibli

5 comments:

  1. You are some kind of monster. Some beastly phenomenon that has appeared in this world to illustrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! is really beutifull!!! the stile of paint is unique! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I think Markl is my favorite I love his huge goofy smile :D Good luck on finals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah! lovely! i love your painting style <3

    ReplyDelete