Sunday, February 6, 2011

Brush and brush and brush my hair

Thank you for your generous and heartfelt comments on the previous post! I appreciate your support and encouragement, and I'm impressed that you took the time to read through such a long post. No doubt you possess a kind of patience that is unknown to me.



So as I promised, a Tangled post with fan art! It was cute; it was pretty; it was whimsical; it was Disney. Mandy Moore has such a princess voice--her songs were absolutely gorgeous and I'm a little bashful to reveal how many times I've been replaying "Healing Incantation," "When Will My Life Begin" and "I See the Light" on YouTube. 

I can't say it was utterly creative, like How to Train Your Dragon. The creators basically meshed a bunch of things young girls ogle over--like crafty indoor activities, a really good looking dude to the rescue, gorgeous scenery speckled with floating lanterns, cute, ditsy, magical, talented and athletic heroin heroine (thanks Mom), an omnipresent pet etc--and used their most talented animators to produce a picture-perfect princess film. Again, it was Disney.


Still, I woke up two days in a row with an insatiable urge to weave a flower garland and twirl in a shimmery dress and express my dire emotions through song accompanied by birds and squirrels. Who says dreaming to be a princess is limited to five year olds? Man, I want a real man in my life--one mounted on a legit steed plzkthx. 

5 comments:

  1. "Still, I woke up two days in a row with an insatiable urge to weave a flower garland and twirl in a shimmery dress and express my dire emotions through song accompanied by birds and squirrels."

    And this is why you're awesome. If you figure out how to do the last part, please let all of us know. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who would hold you as the greatest person ever if you were to find the key to making life a musical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Tangled and felt slightly disappointed that it wasn't what everyone and their mother and babysitter and baby and dog and dog's baby said it was, especially with all that Tangled fanart on deviantART. Reading this, however, feels like you balanced it perfectly: not the world's most amazing movie ever, but still: OMG SO CUTE. And honestly, the animation was beautiful. I got chills when they lit the lanterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, you captured it nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Athletic heroin? Mmm...you mean "heroine".
    I haven't seen Tangled yet, but if Mandy Moore is singing, I've got to see it. I think her voice is absolutely charming.
    I'm going to check on Youtube for those two songs you've been repeatedly listening to, right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very nice! Congratulations on having created a very beautiful piece! :)

    ReplyDelete