Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Zelda and Black Swan

Well I finally finished the picture of Link! It took long enough! I've recently obtained a fascination for Native American line work as well as European floral motifs. So I wanted to try out some designs here. I'm honestly quite happy with the turn out and I think I've got a whole new direction to explore. I've also begun to pinpoint my habits and tendencies that derail me from creative compositions so I can work on mastering that aspect this semester. More on that later.

click to enlarge

Also, I watched Black Swan on Sunday night, which was... beyond words. For the first time in my life, I was literally breathless when they began rolling credits. In the eloquent words of my dear friend Andy Perez, "WHUT. A. MINDF*CK." In the theater, Hiroko, Andy and I were just tripping out. Gosh, Natalie Portman was most definitely phenomenal in this film and utterly worthy of the best actress Oscar  for which she was nominated. I really can't do the film any justice with my poor commentary so I'll leave it to you to watch. Please do! If not the synopsis, the choreography will at least blow your mind. Here's a little doodle I did earlier based on the movie. 

click to enlarge

In other news, school started on Monday! c:

3 comments:

  1. What a mind fuck indeed !! I was like, " That's the end? THAT'S THE END?! " I had to actually think about what was real and what was a part of her crazyy hallucinations. But god, I actually felt sad about the end. She just wanted to be perfect so badly. ):

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathalie Portman is awesome. Except that I can't accept the fact that she's pregnant with the guy in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool composition these one of the swan!! :D i love it!!! Also.. i love your down Rapunzel!! soso cute!

    ReplyDelete