Thursday, March 3, 2011

New Gallery!

Well I've got some big news--big in my standards. I've created a second deviantArt account! There are numerous reasons for my doing so, one of which was that I really didn't want to be stuck with my middle school fan fic name forever... back when I was really into Greek mythology... and I really wanted a name without numbers.

But the main reason is that I'm finally letting myself draw from my gut. I've accumulated so many ideas and images in my mind over the past decade that I've just been too hesitant to let out. Now that I've had some practice with digital art, I think it's due time that I liberate them from my system. So this gallery, "aflora" will feature original concepts. I'll still maintain "selene231" regularly because god knows I can't go on without my regular dosage of fan art doodles. :) I don't intend to cease drawing Harry Potter themes anytime soon. 

Below are just a few beginning pieces that will go into this gallery. 

Red one

This one has been on my mind since last summer. I've yet to make sense out of it. But this image of a bold red half circle and fish has been nagging at me day and night. This is one from a series to come.

 

I know I won't stop drawing people, especially women. These colors mean a lot to me and I think they'll be used for a lot of pieces in my gallery. This one is a work in progress, and I'm still playing around with the composition and background. We'll see how this turns out.

The Tree that Fell in Love

Another work in progress. The idea came to me during a night walk around campus. I'm trying out different angles and compositions. I do like circles and floral motifs, though! c: 

I'm really excited about this because I feel like I'm finally stepping out of my comfort zone. Tomorrow, I talk to my professor, John Kehlen, about the prospect of doing an illustrated Capstone project. More about that later. Good night for now!

2 comments:

  1. So... what's your commission rate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha well, I'm closed from commissions at the moment so to speak. lol but I'll let you know once I open up again. c: And I really don't have a set rate--not really up to that level yet. haha

    ReplyDelete